Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year


2013 is officially here!

Happy new year to all my mermaid friends and family!
What a fantastic year 2012 was! From newly-wed to the birth of the Merchant Mermaid, Craig graduating college, My surgery, Us both completing our Captains course, Craig starting a new job, us celebrating our first anniversary (apart) and moving back to Oak Island where I grew up!
It has been a crazy fun exciting never ending Roller Coaster. I was so busy that I hardly had time to keep it all straight. This year is going to be be better.

This year I hope to catalogue my year in the form of an art journal.
One page at a time.
Please feel free to journal along.
I will let my creative juices flow in whatever form they deem appropriate. although I have no control of how messy it can get. When i get involved in color, things tend to get a little messy.

I will post my journal topic, feel free to use them as a guideline or a journal along.
I will post a new topic every few days or so to try to get into a rhythm.
I myself have about 10 different journals and I use them for everything to my deepest darkest secrets to simple writing down a grocery list.  I want to create something totally different and unique! I want it to be everything and nothing at all. I want to describe things without using words. I want to convey the passion and excitement I have for everything I do and I want you to feel the love that is poured into every page i touch.

I hope you enjoy and I hope you play along!
Happy journaling!
love,
Valerie Boggs
The Merchant Mermaid





No comments:

Post a Comment