Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring is almost here!

Spring is almost here. In about an hour we will welcome spring and I couldnt be happier. I have been feeling it in the for a few weeks now. It has been the very mild this winter for us and At 1:14am here will mark the earliest that the spring equinox has happened since the 1800's. Today is one of the two most balanced days of the year. Get out your brooms and eggs. :-) The darkness finally gives way for the light to return. For some of us this means we will soon be celebrating the awaking or rebirth of the earth and for others the awaking or rebirth of their lord. However you choose to celebrate its time for the flowers to bloom and the birds to sing its a time of fertility  and a time to clear out stagnant winter air, throw open the windows and welcome the more vibrant  aromas of fresh spring sounds and smells.
I dont know what it means to everyone else around the world but for this mermaid it means freedom. Spring is the time of year where i just cant help but want to tear away evey article of clothing until nothing is left but my birthday suit and jump in the water even quicker. Naturally that is not the reality of what I actually do but thats how it feels. I have already begun to experience the early signs of spring fever. My garden is coming to life at record speeds and I cannot wait for the rhizones to arrive. All of my early seeds have sprouted and now I am ready to finish planting. Springtime not only means a change in the weather but for me it is a change in lifestyle. My life goes from being stir crazy and bundled up near a fire hiding  from the cold to the craft crazed bikini wearing water loving mermaid I am. Spring brings with it the change needed to propell me into the year. And I couldnt be more ready for it.
I am ready to say goodbye to the winter. Rest well and I will see you next year.
Happy Spring everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment